Chapter 4: Certification Management
A. Federal Acquisition Institute – Training Application System (FAITAS)
- FAITAS is the central acquisition workforce information system for all civilian agencies and will support the FAC-COR program. CORs are responsible for maintaining certification documentation for quality assurance purposes. FAI is responsible for managing FAITAS and will continue to issue guidance, as necessary, to support FAITAS implementation. More information regarding FAITAS can be found at www.fai.gov.
- In accordance with OFPP Policy Letter 05-01 entitled Developing and Managing the Acquisition Workforce, CORs must enter their training data into FAITAS. CORs must update their existing FAITAS records in a timely manner, maintain a print-out of the records, and keep these records current to reflect their certification status and continuous learning points. OFPP, the FAI and Federal agencies use FAITAS information to make strategic acquisition workforce decisions. Because of this, CORs must ensure that this information is accurate. CORs and COR candidates must enter information on pertinent training and certifications into FAITAS upon certification or within 1 month of completion.
B. Program Assistance
The FAC-COR Program Manager serves as the overall Departmental coordinator for policy, guidance, and certification requirements for the FAC-COR program. CORs should contact their HCA or designee for guidance on program requirements, the application process, and available training. The HCA or designee should provide advice on alternative training and continuous learning activities.
Links to the FAC-COR Handbook:
- FAC-COR Handbook (PDF-53 pages)
- Executive Summary of the FAC-COR Handbook
- Chapter 1: Implementation of HHS’ FAC-COR Program
- Chapter 2: Requirements and Performance Accountability
- Chapter 3: Application and Certification Procedures
- Chapter 4: Certification Management
- Appendix A: HHS’ COR Responsibilities
- Appendix B: FAI’s Key Competencies for CORs
- Appendix C: FAC-COR Curriculum Guidance
- Appendix D: FAC-COR Guidance on Meeting Requirements for Continuous Learning Points
- Appendix E: FAC-COR Appointment Letter Template
- Appendix F: FAC-COR Certification Action and Training Request Form
- Appendix G: FAC-COR Functional Experience Transcript Form
- Appendix H: FAC-COR Certification through Fulfillment Form
- Appendix I: FAC-COR Certification Waiver Request Form