Looking for health-related data sets?
HealthData.gov brings together high-value datasets, tools, and applications using data about health and healthcare to support your need for better knowledge and to help you solve problems. HealthData.gov is a one-stop resource for the growing ecosystem of innovators who are turning data into new applications, services, and insights that can help improve health.
On HealthData.gov users can:
- Get free health-related data. There are thousands of health data sets from various Health and Human Services agencies and more being added all the time!
- Check out what innovators are doing with health-related data. The liberation of data has led to the development of innovative applications that help improve health and health care decisions for consumers, communities and care providers.
- Connect to other innovators. See what your fellow innovators are doing with open data and take the opportunity to tell your own story.
- Ask specific questions about a dataset through our Questions & Answers area of the site. We know that all data is not self explanatory and that you may have questions. We hope that direct feedback will lead to a better understanding of the data and better uses of it.
- Brainstorm ideas in the new forums on HealthData.gov. Users can discuss the best ways to use the data found here, whether it be a new application to develop, an interesting combination of data for analytical purposes, or anything in between.
- Tell HealthData.gov what data sets they would like to see. We realize that our site may not include all the health data sets of the world but if there are great datasets out there that you want to bring to our attention, you can easily Suggest a Dataset. We’ll aggregate all suggestions, review, and periodically release them as a resource on the site.
- Access our entire dataset catalog through the HealthData.gov API. In the next few months we will be adding many new datasets and the use of API’s will make access to data sets easier for developers and allow for more efficient data sharing.
Come explore the new HealthData.gov and tell us what you think by leaving comments in the comment section of this post or go start your own topic on one of the forums. HealthData.gov is here to connect you to the millions and millions pieces of health data in the most user-friendly way possible, so go and see what data you can find! Go to HealthData.gov >>